– The story of lilac, according to Greek mythology, begins with a beautiful nymph named “Syringa”. Captivated by her beauty, “Pan”, the Master of Forests and Fields chased her around the world.
Frightened of his affections, Syringa escaped him by turning herself into an aromatic flower which we now refer to as lilac.
– In the language of flowers, purple lilacs symbolize the first emotions of love while white lilacs are a symbol of youthful spirits and innocence.
– Apart from mythology, year-to-year differences in timing of the lilac bloom are said to indicate whether spring will be early or late. Hence, they’re considered Harbingers of Spring.
– Our brand’s Name introduces the word “LELAS” as mentioned in Turkish, derived from the word “LILAC” which means: Lilac Flower, in its Greek origins, Symbolism of color, and Natural association we found a perfect reflection of our core values and vision.
– Around the name LELAS, we built a young and proud character, full of love and innocence, However. our character is not a weak one, for even in the hardest of times Lilacs are the first to blossom foretelling a spring that is yet to come.
– From our headquarters in Istanbul, a city full of heritage, culture, contradictions… And harmony! We launched our brand in 2014 with the ultimate goal to re-invent the Turkish perfumes industry and to introduce LELAS as a worldwide leading brand.
– Our vision is not based on temerity, recklessness or even mere aspirations, for it comes from a long local and international experience in the field of perfumes industry which enabled us to build a solid foundation of pioneer vigor where quality and discipline work in harmony with passion and creativity.